Need some extra spook for your front porch this holiday season? These floating witches’ hats might just be the “trick” you need to welcome this year’s Halloween goblins!
Here’s what you need:
- Witches’ hats
- Transparent string, or fishing line
- Sewing needles
- Safety pins
- Battery powered tea lights
- Command strips
1. Cut as many long pieces of transparent string as you need. These pieces need to be long enough to hang your hats a few inches from the ceiling with some extra for inside the hat. You’ll use that part to attach the battery powered tea lights.
2. Thread your string through a sewing needle and, starting from the inside, sew the thread half way through the very top of your hat.
3. Turn the hat upside down and find the string you left in the inside. Leaving about a foot of extra string, tie a knot around the end of a safety pin! This will keep the hat from sliding down the string when you hang it.
4. Take the very end of the string and tie a secure knot around one or two tea lights.
5. Attach your command strips to your ceiling where you’d like the hats to hang. This way, you can remove the strips once Halloween is over!
6. Tie on your floating hats!
I put mine on my front porch.. and hung them low enough so that the mail man may need to duck to deliver the mail. Now, I’m really ready welcome all of the little ghosts and goblins this Halloween!