It’s so hard to believe that Thanksgiving is already over! But as many stores have been telling us for weeks now, Christmas is just around the corner. If you’re looking for a fun craft to do with the kids, this snowman ornament may be just thing you want to tackle!
Here’s what you need:
- White battery powered tea lights
- Tiny snowman hats
- Green or red pipe cleaners
- Green or red pom poms
- Orange marker
- Black marker
- Glue gun
- 1 cm wide red ribbon
- 1/8 inch wide red ribbon
1. Color the light bulb of the tea light. These lights glow orange when turned on, but you’ll want them to look orange when they’re turned off too!
2. Take your black marker and draw on the eyes and mouth.
3. Take your tiny hat and poke a hole through the top for the thin ribbon to go through.
4. Cut a long strip of the thin ribbon and hot glue it in place under where the hat should go.
5. Thread the ribbon through a large needle, and push it through the underside of the hat. Pull the other end of the ribbon back through the tiny hole in the hat, and then glued that end in place.
6. Glue on the hat.
7. Add a scarf! Cut a long piece of 1 cm wide ribbon. Glue the center of it to the back of the tea light. Then wrap it around gluing the front together so it crosses in the front. Cut off the extra.
(Optional) To make a couple of the snowmen look a little different. Instead of a hat, make ear muffs!
Roughly measure your pipe cleaner. Cut it and glue in place, making sure to glue the thin ribbon in place under the pipe cleaner first. Grab two pom poms and hot glue them to each end of the pipe cleaner.