It’s hard not to think warm thoughts as the temperatures outside start turning cooler and the leaves begin to change. So when I came across a recipe for pumpkin spice white hot chocolate, I couldn’t resist putting my own twist on it!
My version combines both, but in a slightly different way, combining white hot chocolate with a pumpkin spice whipped cream.
We’ll start with the White Hot Chocolate.
Here's what you'll need:
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
1. In a small pot combine milk and white chocolate chips.
2. Place it on the stove on medium heat, stirring constantly until the chocolate is completely melted. You can add a half a teaspoon of vanilla extract once it’s warmed up, but I think it tastes just fine as it is!
Now it's time to make the Pumpkin Spice Whipped Cream!
What you need:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 heaping tsp pumpkin spice
- 3 Tbs pumpkin puree
1. Using a hand held or stand mixer with the whisk attachment, combine heavy cream, sugar, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice and pumpkin puree.
2. Mix it until you get your desired consistency.
3. Now combine the white hot chocolate with the pumpkin spice whipped cream to make one delicious drink.
I’ll be the first to admit that my end product was not magazine friendly… but I didn’t care, because the taste put me in the most glorious mood for the rest of the day.