Marilyn Ehn said that day seemed perfect. She was in her parking spot at the right time. It was a gorgeous fall morning.

She got out of her car, started walking across the crosswalk, before she knew it she was in the street temporarily blinded by the driver who hit her and drove away.

“The car hit me with such impact that it threw me from over in the intersection,” Ehn said standing near the corner of 11th and Grant in Denver where the accident happened in October of 2015. She points to a spot in the road about 35 feet away where police say she landed.

"I remember a whooshing sound like air….and then like somebody flashed a lightbulb in my eyes,” she said. “I later realized the whoosh of air was the air coming out of my lungs. And the flash of light was my head hitting the vehicle."

She was temporarily blinded by the accident, but remembers hearing voices.

“The next thing I remember is hearing somebody ask if I was alive… and someone else saying I think I saw her move,” she said.

"Another lady came to me and identified herself as an ER nurse…told me her name and asked me mine and kept me talking…kept trying to say that I needed to stay with her. And keep talking to her to try to keep me conscious."

Ehn said she never learned who that woman was, but she believes she saved her life. She wants to connect with her. If you know who she is, e-mail Next.

Police have also been unable to locate the driver who hit her that morning.

“They're a coward…they left me laying there to die,” she said. “They didn't care enough about a human being. They just left me there to die… and that's really hard to accept.”

It’s a reminder that non-life threatening injuries can still be very serious.

“It sheared off the tibia and fibula of my right leg … right below my knee. It fractured my pelvis,” she said. “I had a traumatic brain injury, brain bleed, dislocated my right shoulder and tore my rotator cuff and ruptured a disc in my neck."

Ehn spent 22 weeks in a wheelchair. She had to retire early from her job because she had exhausted her family medical leave. And she still has serious flashbacks of the accident.

Full interview: Hit-and-run survivor one year later