Cinco De Mayo provides affordable fun for the whole family. Live entertainment, special attractions, Children’s Carnival, Parade, great food, something for everyone!
A special event will be held at Civic Center Park on May 7 and 8 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Experience Mexico in the heart of downtown Denver. Cinco de Mayo is muy caliente this year with so much to see and do. Admission is free!
For more information: http://www.newsed.org
• 2 Stages of Live Music and Dance - The Main Stage at the Greek Amphitheatre will feature 2 full days of performances by various special guests including Saturday headliner performances by Alta Frecuencia and Juan Rivera and a Sunday Mothers Day Mariachi Festival Extravaganza y Folklorico! Local Stage on Bannock Street will feature the best in local bands performing rock, jazz, funk, top 40 hits and more.
• The Cinco de Mayo Parade - Returns with more than 30 festive entries. The Parade kicks off the festival at 11 a.m. on May 7, a parade route is available at www.CincodeMayoDenver.com/parade
• Inaugural Quinceañera Fashion Show - Saturday, May 7 in the middle of the park at 12 pm produced by La Invasora 87.7 radio.
• 4th Annual “Mission Foods, Guerrero & Que Bueno Mexican Grille” Taco Eating Contest - Saturday, May 7 in the middle of the park at 3 pm. The contest will feature three rounds of contestants.There will be prizes awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
• 6th Annual Jammin' 101.5 Chihuahua Races - Sunday, May 8 in the middle of the park at 3 p.m.
• Champion Lowrider Car Show - Featuring several Denver car clubs along Colfax Avenue, sponsored by O’Reilly Auto Parts.
• American Ninja Warrior Course - Over 60 feet of warrior course will be set up on Broadway between 13th and 14th Avenues.
• The Children’s Carnival - Featuring fun activities for the kiddies sponsored by Winter Park Resort and Risas Dental.
• Sponsor Exhibits - Various sponsor exhibits will be featured throughout the event site. Special exhibits from King Soopers, Wells Fargo, Mission Foods & Guerrero, Delta Dental, McDonald’s and more!
• Jennie-O is out to prove Denver’s beloved green chili can taste just as great if made with JENNIE-O® turkey. To help convince locals, Jennie-O developed a special Denver Turkey Chili Verde recipe exclusively for the Cinco de Mayo Festival. Festival attendees are invited to stop by the Jennie-O booth off Broadway between 14th Avenue and Colfax to try a free bowl.
• 5 Beer Stations featuring; Tecate, Tecate Light, Heineken, Strong Bow Hard Ciders, Micheladas and Dos Equis in 12oz and 24oz cans.
• 6 Pepsi Beverage Centers
• 3 Coyote Gold Margarita stations featuring; Coyote Gold Margaritas
• 2 Specialty Liquor Stations featuring; Mezcal, Hornitos Lime, Spiked Horchata by Lucky-Oh, Colorado Vodka, and more
• The Best Festival and Mexican Food in Colorado
• Up to 250 exhibitors
The Cinco de Mayo “Celebrate Culture” Festival at Civic Center Park is produced by NEWSED Community Development Corporation. NEWSED’s mission is to develop economic, housing, arts and cultural, and community programs that increase income and education levels, and political engagement of Denver-area residents.