Health officials in western Colorado’s Garfield County are warning people to watch out for the deadly hantavirus, after a person was found with it.

Hantavirus is a serious lung infection that comes from exposure to rodents’ saliva, urine and droppings. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention said almost 40 percent of people die after contracting it.

Garfield Public Health is trying to find out where exactly the exposure happened. Meanwhile, neighboring Mesa County is warning residents and educating on how to avoid exposure.