A small electronic equipment fire has forced school officials to close Westminster High School Thursday.

The fire sparked inside a computer lab at 8:50 Wednesday night at the school located at 6933 Raleigh Street in Westminster.  Fire crews were able to put it out quickly and school officials say while the fire was small and isolated to the lab, it filled the hallway with smoke. 

There were no reports of injuries.  Westminster Police helped quickly evacuate the auditorium, where a school function was taking place during the time of the fire, and adjacent school buildings. 

Westminster High School will be closed Thursday out of safety concerns surrounding the lingering smell of smoke.

Jeremiah Overcash with the Westminster Fire Department says investigators are waiting until the smoke clears to go in and determine a cause. 

Overcash says the school will likely be insession Friday, but that the principal and school will make final decision.