Saturday is the last day the Rams will play on the field of Hughes Stadium.
The Colorado State University Rams are taking on the University of New Mexico in the final game at the stadium.
To help say farewell to Hughes we are looking at some fun facts about Hughes Stadium.
- The stadium original opened in 1968 with 26,608 seats. It now has a seating capacity of 32,500 with club seats and 12 luxury suites.
- The stadium took 16 months and 20 days to build.
- Hughes Stadium is the smallest stadium in the Mountain West Conference.
- To date, more than six million people have attended games at Hughes Stadium, 6,027,074 to be exact.
- The first night game at Hughes Stadium didn’t happen until 23 years after the stadium had been in use. The Rams hosted BYU.
- Fans had to dig out their seats to watch a game against Tulsa in October 1997 after freak blizzard delayed the game from Saturday to Sunday. The Rams won the game 44 to 8.