LONGMONT--With the game on the line, no number of chances were enough for Mead to figure out how to get past Fort Morgan Defensive End Trey McBride.

The 6'4" Junior suffocated the Mavericks' usually potent offensive attack with two huge defensive stops late in the game, and his Mustangs held on for a 20-14 victory over Mead to stay undefeated on the season.

Down by six points with just four minutes to go, No. 9 Mead was looking for a game-winning drive to close out a signature win in front of its raucous home crowd.

McBride had other ideas.

His sack of Mavericks Quarterback Riley Glynn set up 4th down and long, and the Mustangs eventually got the stop that they needed.

It looked like the turnover on downs would seal the victory, but a Fort Morgan fumble that wound up in the arms of Britton Miller gave Mead life with just about two minutes to go.

The Mavericks got all the way to the Fort Morgan 45-yard line.

But, on 4th and 2 McBride once again made an incredible tackle in the backfield to secure his team's victory.

The teams traded scores all game, as Glynn had two long passing touchdowns on the night for the Mavericks.

The first of which gave Mead the first points of the game when he connected with Derek Edwards across the middle for a long score to make it 7-0.

Over the next two quarters, the Mustangs took control with touchdowns from Running Backs Austin Breidenbach and Tate Kembel to make it 12-7.

But Mead took the lead back at the start of the 4th quarter when the Mavericks elected to go for it on 4th and 19 from the Fort Morgan 34-yard line.

The gamble paid off when Glynn slung a pass down the field and Ryan Lavanchy went up and over the defender for an incredible touchdown grab. That made it 14-12 Mavericks.

However, Quarterback Dalyn Knapp drove the favored Mustangs down the field one more time, capping off the drive with a short touchdown run to give the Mustangs the lead for good.

With the victory, No. 2 Fort Morgan moves to 5-0 overall.

While, the Mead Mavericks fall to 3-2.