Nothing like an open competition to accelerate the healing process.

Trevor Siemian had extensive surgery on his left, non-throwing shoulder on January 5. Three months later, the Broncos’ starting quarterback from last year wants no more downtime.

“Trevor’s full go, guys,'' Broncos head coach Vance Joseph said Monday. "He’s been cleared to be a full participant in the offseason program so he’s full go, he’s ready to  go. No issues.’’

Monday was the start of the Broncos’ offseason program. For the first time as head coach, Joseph addressed his players during an 8 a.m. team meeting.

Joseph's message: There's no time to waste. Only 38 days of workouts, meetings and practices to get ready for training camp. Siemian apparently didn’t need to be told.

Siemian may be the incumbent starting quarterback, but he’s not the presumed starter. He and Paxton Lynch will battle it out.

“It is open guys, 50-50,'' Joseph said. "It’s an open competition. We’ve got these two young guys who have bright futures. It’s open. It’s going to go down to the wire, I hope.’’