The 5K and 10K courses are both fully accessible - all are invited to participate. The event will kick off with the 10K race at 8 a.m. and the 5K race at 8:30 a.m. Post tailgate festivities will begin at 9 a.m. Lunch will be served at 10 a.m. and the Rookie Run will start at 10:30 a.m. To walk or run the 5K/10K is $50.00 and the Rookie Run (age 10 and under) is $15.00. If you're not into the walk or run, a general registration - with all the goodies but no running, is $35. Please note strollers will not be allowed on the course. Registration, timing chip and bib pick up will be from 6 - 7:30 a.m.
To register or for more information visit: http://www.nscd.org.
NSCD provides adaptive sports and recreational programs for people with disabilities of any age and any ability.
Each year more than 3,000 children and adults with disabilities participate in NSCD programs. They offer more than 25 sports and recreational programs from skiing down the Rocky Mountains to playing lacrosse, soccer, football and baseball.
Currently, NSCD receives only 15 percent of its revenue from participant fees. The remaining 85 percent comes from philanthropic gifts, grants, events, and sponsorships.
To make a donation or learn more about the National Sports Center for the Disabled or NSCD, please visit: www.nscd.org or like them on Facebook for updates about programs and athletes.
(KUSA-TV © 2012 Multimedia Holdings Corporation)