BLOG ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED BY APPLIANCE FACTORY & MATTRESS KINGDOM
Connected kitchens and homes offer convenience and peace of mind. Using your phone as a remote control for your appliances, you are able to control and monitor your Wi-Fi connected appliances from anywhere, using software that allows the machines to talk to each other.
To get started with connected kitchens, we recommend having your refrigerator be the first connected kitchen item to add to your home.
PODCAST: All About Connected Homes
Here are a few things that you can do with your connected refrigerator:
- View items that are currently stocked in your refrigerator via your phone.
- Stay organized by checking off items that you may need for recipes.
- Have the convenience of buying groceries online straight from your refrigerator LCD panel.
- Leave sticky notes electronically on your refrigerator and connect them to your phone.
Use your mobile phone and other connected devices to:
- Preheat your oven while you're heading home from work
- Schedule hot water to turn on for your coffee
- Set your washing machine to spin
- Keep your clothes wrinkle-free with an extended tumble feature app
- Automatically order fabric softener
- Place an order of dog food before your current batch runs out
Have peace of mind and get alerts when not at home though different apps:
- If you left your oven on
- The dishwasher sprung a leak
- The refrigerator door was left open
- An ingredient is expiring or running low
Some Wi-Fi connected devices and apps to partner with your connected appliances:
- Amazon Echo
- Amazon Alexa
- Amazon Dash Replenishment
- Google Home
Appliance Factory & Mattress Kingdom is a featured business on Colorado & Company. The blog, published several times a month, provides a range of information from cooking lessons to home, health and family tips.
Here's one recipe from Chef Mark Kalix with Contract Appliance for you to try this summer.
THIS ARTICLE INVOLVES COMMERCIAL CONTENT. THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES FEATURED APPEAR AS PAID ADVERTISING. DIGITAL MARKETING SOLUTIONS IS A BRANCH OF THE 9NEWS SALES TEAM. FOR MORE INFORMATION, EMAIL US.
© 2017 KUSA-TV