FIX THIS - There's nothing like game day! And if you're having friends over, you've got to stock up on some quick and easy snacks. What I love about this recipe is that you can switch up ingredients and make it whatever you want! I ended up combining a garlic knot recipe I found with a little trick 9 News' own Colleen Ferreira was telling me about. And in my opinion, it ended up nothing short of amazing!
What you need:
16 ounce tube of buttermilk biscuits
1/2 a stick of butter
3/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried parsley flakes
1/4 tsp salt
2 Tbsp grated parmesan
Block of mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut up your block of mozzarella. Ten biscuits come in a package… so you’ll need to cut up 10 cubes of mozzarella.
3. Open up your package of biscuits and flatten them out, creating a thin disk and making sure not to rip any holes in the dough.
4. Place a cube of mozzarella into the middle of your disk of dough, then pinch the edges of the dough together to seal the mozzarella inside!
5. Place each piece of cheese filled dough onto a non-stick cookie sheet.
6. Melt 1/4 cup, or half a stick of butter.
7. Then add garlic powder, dried parsley flakes, dried oregano, salt, grated parmesan cheese then mix well. I used a basting brush for this, because it makes it super easy to put the mixture on this cheese-y, dough-y goodness.
8. Brush a thin layer of this mixture onto each dough ball.
9. Place it in the oven for about 8 to 10 minutes.
You know they’re done when they turn golden-brown. Set them aside to cool for a couple of minutes, then apply the rest of your garlic-butter mixture.
Want to make a change? Leave off the garlic butter, and place mozzarella and pepperoni in the middle, instead! Dip it in some marinara sauce for a treat that resembles pizza! The possibilities are endless! You just have to know what you like!
Copyright 2016 KUSA