If you’re traveling through Denver International Airport over the Thanksgiving holiday, you’ll be joining more than a million people. We don’t need to remind you to get their early, but here are some tips you can actually use:
- The Pikes Peak lot fills up the fastest and all the over flow parking goes to Mt. Elbert.
- The folks at DIA say the best times to fly are either in the middle of the day, or late at night – that’s when you see fewer people at the airport.
- If it’s been awhile since you’ve flown, study up and know what you can and can’t pack in your carry on.
- Get some quart-sized bags for all those liquids so you don’t get stopped in the security line, slowing down your trip and other travelers around you.
- If you’re packing gifts, don’t pre-wrap them because if the TSA has to search your bag, they may have to unwrap them.
- Our airport friends couldn’t suggest one security line over another, but did suggest TSA Pre-check. However, if you haven’t signed up for it yet, you’re likely too late.
- There are some ways to make the security line a little easier – take off your coat, empty your water bottle – or don’t even bring one. Make sure to take your laptop out of your bag, and if you want to save even more time put all the stuff you have in your pockets inside your carry-on.
Here are some travel tips from our friends at DIA:
Copyright 2016 KUSA