DENVER BUSINESS JOURNAL - “Disruptor” is a popular word in politics today. Shake up the old conventional thinking. We need a new direction.
Champagne has been doing this since the 1700’s.
How can wine be a disruptor, especially one that’s an establishment icon?
Consider the rationale French winemakers use to differentiate their product:
- Site specific — Our wine comes from a certain site where the soil is just right, the ground slopes and the sun shines.
- Certain grapes — Generally speaking, red wine in Burgundy means Pinot Noir. White wine means Chardonnay groups. Bordeaux wines are a blend.
- Vintages — It was a very good year, so we produced a great wine. The rains came a year earlier, then we weren’t so lucky.
- Short supply — Only 5,000 (or 25,000) cases were made for worldwide supply.
- Advertising — There’s no need. Our reputation speaks for itself. People will hunt us out.
Read more from the Denver Business Journal: http://bizj.us/1o69ie.
(© 2016 American City Business Journals.