The winner goes home with bragging rights for the next year and the losers go home to cleanup the mess left behind in their kitchen.
We had at least half a dozen different types of cookies available to be judged. And who would judge you ask, only the best cookie connoisseurs around, Santa and Mrs. Claus.
Here is the recipe to one of the winners of the contest.
Brooke Thacker's Oreo Truffles
1 package of Cream Cheese - softened
1 package of Oreo cookies - crushed into crumbs (but any standard size package of chocolate cookie with creamy filling will do)
1 package of white chocolate chips
1 spatula or wooden spoon
1 large bowl
1 small ice cream scoop
1 baking sheet
1 medium glass bowl (or other bowl that is microwave safe)
1. Mix crushed Oreos with softened cream cheese until thoroughly mixed.
2. Scoop out bite size morsels onto baking sheet. If using a small scoop, this recipe will make 25 truffles.
3. Place truffles in freezer to harden.
4. While they harden, melt white chocolate chips SLOWLY in the microwave; going 30 seconds at a time. (or melt in double boiler, whatever you feel most comfortable with)
5. Once truffles harden, either cover or simply stop the truffles in chocolate.
6. Once covered, place back in freezer to set.
*Because white chocolate can be so rich I prefer not to cover the truffle entirely. But they are delicious when rolled in the chocolate.*
(KUSA-TV © 2010 Multimedia Holdings Corporation)