If you are a Christmas holiday road warrior, Mile High Mamas has some tips on how to travel with your kids.
Amber Johnson, editor of the Denver Post's Mile High Mamas appeared on 9NEWS Friday morning.
"If you are planning on taking a long trip with the kids this holiday, I call this my survival guide," Johnson said.
Here is her top 10 list:
For even more travel tips or tips on parenting, go to: www.MileHighMamas.com.
- Books on tape: Johnson says this is a fantastic way to pass the time,
particularly when parents need a break from being the entertainment
- Trip journals: Johnson told us that she just made a
trip journal with her kids at Disney. This is entertaining and
- Maps: Here is a great way to also have the
children active in the travel plans. They can map out the trip and learn
at the same time.
- Coloring/craft projects: Johnson has a
travel easel for each child and puts a laundry basket in between the
kids with coloring books, crafts, tape, pipe cleaners, crayons, etc.
- Movies: You can bring lots of videos and even a portable DVD player.
- iPad/Nintendo DS: Johnson says an iPad and those apps are a lifesaver for bored kids.
- Dollar store: Get your kids to do chores around the house before the trip to earn money to buy cheap toys.
- Travel games: Johnson says get an enclosed container so you don't lose the pieces.
- Books: Have your kids read to you in the car.
- Healthy snacks: Johnson says take plenty of fresh fruit, nuts, trail mix, Pirate's Booty and granola bars.
(KUSA-TV © 2012 Multimedia Holdings Corporation)