Chipotle shares tumble after customers get sick at Virginia restaurant

DENVER BUSINESS JOURNAL - Shares in Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc. tumbled in Tuesday trading after customers in one of its restaurants near Washington, D.C., were sickened after eating there.

Denver-based Chipotle (NYSE: CMG) saw its shares Tuesday dive more than 4.3 percent, falling more than $17 to close at $374.98.

In early Wednesday trading, shares fell again, but by 11 a.m. MT they had rebounded and were up 0.8 percent on the day.

Investors evidently were aghast that norovirus could strike again at Chipotle, less than two years after the company battled a slew of food-borne illness reports that send the company's stock diving. The company has been struggling to win back customers ever since.

Read more at the Denver Business Journal: http://bit.ly/2tfcjMf

© 2017 KUSA-TV


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment