Guests can also enjoy the top 15 PRCA Pro Rodeos where they can expect to see 4 current 2010 PRCA World Champions (Dean Gorsuch, steer wrestling; JW Harris, bull riding; Bobby Mote, bareback riding; Cody Wright, saddle bronc riding), 11 former world champions, and 6 of the 8 2010 Stampede champions.
Concerts are another part of the great entertainment at the Greeley Stampede, and the K99 Concert Series is one of the most affordable in years:
- Rodney Atkins with Little Big Town Friday, June 24 $24 to $29
- Clint Black with Josh Kelley Saturday, June 25 $22 to $27
- Chris Young with Steel Magnolia Friday, July 1 $22 to $27
- Cheap Trick with Blue Oyster Cult Saturday, July 2 $24 to $29
In addition to the community-favorite attractions, there are many new activities that have been added this year to further entice guests:
- Three FREE entertainment stages: The Big County 97.9 Stage, the 96.1 KISS FM Stage, and the Anadarko Pavilion Stage feature local, regional, and national music that will provide Stampede guests with nonstop entertainment. Every day during the event, the stages will showcase talent scheduled by media partners of the Greeley Stampede, all FREE with park admission.
- First National Bank Mutton Busting in the the Park: This new exciting event, held in the Pavilion, will feature little cowboys and cowgirls, ages 3-7, riding sheep for a chance to mutton bust during a Greeley Stampede PRCA Pro Rodeo. Mutton Busting in the Park will take place several times per day during the event and is FREE for kids to participate. Space is limited.
- Gator Show: The Swampmaster's Gator Show and Exhibit will feature Jeff Quattrocchi, the Swampmaster, catching an 8 foot, 200 pound alligator with his bare hands. The FREE with park admission show will take place several times a day during the event.
- State Farm Insurance Lumberjack Show: The Paul Bunyan Lumberjack Show features axe throwing, underhand chopping, one-man crosscut sawing, precision chainsaw racing, dragster chainsaws, and chainsaw carving. The FREE with park admission show will take place several times a day during the event.
- Roller Derby: The Greeley Stampede will host the 1st Annual Skates & Spurs Roller Derby Tournament as part of the 89th Annual Greeley Stampede. The event will be held in the Island Grove Park Exhibition Building.
- Dinner Theatre: A set of gifted singers and instrumentalists sing through some of the greatest songs of one of America's most brilliant singer/songwriters, Johnny Cash. Though he is never impersonated, his remarkable life story is told through his music, climaxing in a concert that will both move and exhilarate! The Stampede Troupe will perform eight shows in the 4H Building during the 89th Annual Greeley Stampede.
- Motorsports Racing Spectacular: For the race fan and thrill seeker this event is like a motorsports buffet - there is something for everyone to enjoy. Two hours of side-by-side racing with speedway-style motorcycle racing, Mini Sprint Car racing, Dwarf Car racing, ATV 4-wheeler racing, and Hot Rod 4x4 pickups going side-by-side through a half-foot of slimy mud!
The 89th Annual Greeley Stampede will culminate on July 4th. Folks can cap off their Independence Day weekend beginning at 9am with the GMC Independence Day Parade, followed by rodeo finals at 1pm, the Motor Sports Spectacular at 7pm, Darryl Worley on the Big Country 97.9 Stage at 8:30pm, and fireworks at 10pm (weather permitting). It promises to be an event to remember!
Park admission prices vary by age:
- Guests under the age of 6 are FREE.
- Guests ages 6-12 and over 61 are only $2.
- Guests ages 13-60 are $5.
All ticketed events include one park admission entry. Coupons for a $2 discount on park admission are available at Qdoba Mexican Grill, King Soopers, Kum & Go, and the Chamber of Commerce/Visitors Bureau for the City of Greeley.
Tickets may be purchased by visiting the Greeley Stampede ticket office at Island Grove Park, by calling the Greeley Stampede at 970-356-7787, by going online to www.greeleystampede.org, or by visiting any Colorado King Soopers.
(KUSA-TV © 2011 Multimedia Holdings Corporation)