As life expectancy of Americans continues to increase, older adults are healthier and more active than ever before.
This is a big reason why workers 65 and older are pursuing a longer career.
However, a lot of employers are reluctant to hire these workers, despite their high qualifications.
Kerry Hannon is a bestselling author and journalist. She has spent more than two decades covering all aspects of business and personal finance for the nation's leading media companies, including Forbes, Money, U.S. News & World Report, and USA Today.
Hannon believes whether you have been laid off, taken early retirement, need supplemental income or want to pursue an encore career, there are ways to land a job in this competitive market and find personal and professional fulfillment.
In her new book, "AARP's Great Jobs for Everyone 50+," Hannon explains how to find profitable and rewarding jobs for those over 50.
It also includes:
- Strategies for 50+ job hunters, including resumes, social media, and interview techniques
- Best places to find a job
- Great part-time jobs, seasonal jobs, health care jobs, and jobs for retired teachers
- Great jobs to ride the age wave
- Why part-time or contract work is worth it
- Ways to conquer your fear of career change
For more information, you can go to http://kerryhannon.com/?tag=great-jobs-for-everyone-50.
Nate Chisholm contributed to this report.
(KUSA-TV © 2012 Multimedia Holdings Corporation)