KUSA - Deputies are credited with saving a woman from a fire on the 5400 block of Jay Road, just outside of Boulder.
At 11:31 p.m., Boulder County Sheriff's Deputy Jeff George found the home on fire after responding to reports of an explosion. A neighbor told the deputy that an elderly woman lived alone inside.
George forced his way in and found 83-year-old Marvyl Holder on the floor in her bedroom.
Her neighbor John Walpole followed George into the residence and helped her out.
Boulder Police Officer Ed Burke, a second responder, helped carry Holder from the residence just moments before a second explosion.
Investigators say the fire was likely sparked by a gas leak. The home is considered to be a total loss.
Holder suffered from only minor smoke inhalation.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.)