KUSA - Thursday rush-hour traffic will be slow going as several roads and highways are closed due to flooding.
The Quebec off-ramp from eastbound Interstate 70 is closed due to flooding. The southbound Interstate 225 ramp from eastbound I-70 is also closed because of flood waters. There is no estimated time of reopening.
Traffic across the state will be impacted as flood waters damage and washout roads.
SEE A FULL TRAFFIC MAP
East Alameda Parkway between South Chambers Road and South Sable Boulevard is completely underwater.
Police barricaded the area to prevent any stalled cars. The Aurora area has received anywhere from two to four inches of rain in the span of three hours.
Full road Aurora road closures due to flooding:
Alameda Pkwy west of Chambers and East of Sable Blvd, Alameda and Havana, Alameda and Del Mar, 17th and Dayton, I-70 Southbound exit onto I-225, Periora and Tennessee.
Many roads in Boulder County are not passable at this time.
To see the most recent road closures in Boulder County, see the full list on the Office of Emergency Management's website: http://bit.ly/aQ9TXT.
Due to flooding, bus service delays are expected - especially in the Boulder area. Find out all the routes affected by going to RTD's website: http://www.rtd-denver.com/.
Old Dillon Road near Reid and Wright in Broomfield collapsed due to severe flooding. Three vehicles are submerged in the flood waters, and three people were rescued from the floodwaters.
Read the full story here: http://on9news.tv/1g55uyP.
Commerce City is experiencing major flooding Thursday morning, prompting many road closures and causing hazardous conditions throughout the city.
Read the full story here: http://on9news.tv/1emZUvW.
FREDERICK AND FIRESTONE
If residents live in low-lying areas and have standing water at the current time, they are encouraged to voluntarily evacuate. An evacuation has been set up at Mead High School, located at 12750 WCR 7.
Residents should only call 911 in the event of an emergency. For non-emergencies, resources or evacuation shuttles, please call the Carbon Valley EOC at 303-833-2742.
As for 2:08 p.m. road closures include:
1. Firestone Blvd. from I-25 to Cimarron St.
2. Sable (CR 22) from I-25 to Colorado Blvd.
3. Bella Rosa Parkway (CR 20) from I-25 to Colorado Blvd.
4. Colorado Blvd. from Grant Ave. (CR 18) to Pine Cone Ave. (CR 20)
5. Gooding Hollow (CR 18) from Miller to Eagle
6. Tipple Parkway (CR 16) from I-25 to Silver Birch Blvd. (CR 11)
7. All exits on I-25 at Highway 119
8. Colorado Blvd. from Grand View Blvd. (CR 12) to CR 8
9. Colorado Blvd. from Grand View Blvd. (CR 12) to CR 8
10. Colorado Blvd. from Grand View Blvd. (CR 12) to Silver Birch Blvd. (CR 11)
11. Frontier St. (CR 15) from CR 10 to Highway 52
12. Frontier St. (CR 15) from Highway 52 to CR 6
13. Grand View Blvd. (CR 12) from Silver Birch (CR 11) to Mt. Albert
14. Grand View Blvd. (CR 12) from Glen Creighton to CR 15
15. CR 10 from I-25 Frontage to CR 11
16. East I-25 Frontage Road closed from Highway 52 to Commerce
17. Colorado Blvd. from CR 26 to Highway 66
The town and the Carbon Valley Emergency Operations Center will continue to monitor the weather and get information out as it becomes available.
For more information, visit www.ci.firestone.co.us or www.frederickco.gov or call the local public information officer at 720-383-3730.
The Larimer County Sheriff's Office said that Meadow Lake Dam has broken near CR 47. They report extrication operations are underway.
This flooding would impact locations along CR 47 and then downstream to near Pinewood Springs.
The area is sparsely populated.
Non-stop rain in Larimer County has caused road closures, washouts and damage throughout the High Park burn area.
Read the full story here: http://on9news.tv/185P8AS.
Thornton continues to be on accident alert due to the rainy weather conditions.
Full road closures:
• York Street: E470 to 156th at BDC
• 128th Avenue: Valentia to Riverdale at Brantner Gulch
• Riverdale Road: north of 128th @ Brantner Gulch (ADCO)
• 144th Avenue: Washington to York
• 100th Avenue: East of Farmington Subdivision/ Forest Circle to McKay
• McKay Road: 104th Avenue to 96th Avenue
• Riverdale: 112th south to McKay (ADCO) partial road wash out
• Colorado Blvd: 160th to 168th (ADCO) road washed out
• 156th Avenue: York to Colorado
• York Street south of 168th Avenue at Preble Creek (ADCO)
• 168th Avenue: Colorado to Holly at Big Dry Creek
• 104th Avenue at the South Platte River east of Thornton (CDOT)
ADCO= Adams County jurisdiction/Adams County Closure
Pedestrian Bridge washed out near 105th & Birch. Parks has placed barricades.
For more information call Street Operations Manager Brett Henry at 720-977-6404 or go to www.cityofthornton.net for a map showing the latest closures.
For a complete, updated list of closures go to www.cotrip.org and click on Travel Alerts.
(KUSA-TV © 2013 Multimedia Holdings Corporation)