THE COLORADOAN - Homecoming came to an abrupt end Saturday night at Fossil Ridge High School when a fire broke out in the gym, prompting evacuation of the school and a hectic few moments for students and parents alike.
Students first reported the fire to a school resource officer about 9:27 p.m. and someone used a pull station to evacuate the building in southeast Fort Collins. Poudre Fire Authority crews responded, but someone used a fire extinguisher to knock the fire down before firefighters arrived, said Madeline Noblett, PFA spokeswoman.
Saturday night was homecoming at the school, and attendees were allowed back into the building briefly to retrieve their belongings. Those who could drive themselves then left, and parents were asked to pick up the other students early.
One student was treated and transported to an area hospital for a medical issue unrelated to the fire that happened at the exact same time, Noblett said.
Read more at the Coloradoan: http://noconow.co/2eIqUcE
(Copyright © 2016 Fort Collins Coloradoan, All Rights Reserved)
Copyright 2016 KUSA