Firefighters rescue dog from burning RV

COMMERCE CITY - Firefighters came to the rescue of a small dog who was trapped inside a burning RV on Thursday morning.

The South Adams County Fire Department was called to the area of Dahlia Street and 68th Avenue on a report of an RV that had gone up in flames.

Shortly after getting to the scene, firefighter Mike Osmus noticed that a dog was sitting in a travel crate on the passenger seat of the RV, according to a post on the department’s Facebook page.

No one else was inside the RV. 

Osmus removed the pup from the RV, and with the help of firefighter Josh Luse, immediately began work to revive the dog.

Once the dog was up and moving again, he was taken to the Adams County Animal Shelter. The dog's owner spoke with crews at the scene, and was told where she could pick up her pup. 

It's unclear at this time what sparked the fire, but we're happy firefighters were able to save the little guy! 

Great work, firefighters!

© 2017 KUSA-TV


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment