Morton Bowen evacuated after bad chemical reaction

BROOMFIELD – A medical manufacturing business was evacuated Wednesday after an employee accidentally mixed two incompatible chemicals in a drum, causing a small chemical reaction. There were no reported injuries.

It happened at 3101 Industrial Lane at Morton Bowen at about 9:30 p.m.

The chemical reaction produced a small cloud of vapor, leading employees to evacuate the business. Air monitoring showed that no toxic vapors got beyond 100 feet of the building, and firefighters decided no additional evacuations were necessary.

Technicians who entered the building in full protection suits said the reaction was still slowly occurring, but there were no vapors or spills in the area. The entire building was later deemed safe.

Industrial Lane was closed during the evacuation as precaution.

(KUSA-TV © 2014 Multimedia Holdings Corporation)


To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment