Offers of help and ways to help fire victims and responders are pouring in. Please check this site often.
Here is a list:
The Gatlinburg Relief Fund has been established at SmartBank. Donations can be dropped off at any location or mailed to:
Gatinburg Relief Fund
P.O. Box 1910
Pigeon Forge, TN 37868
Call 865-453-2650 for more information.
The American Red Cross is accepting donations for evacuees and first responders to the Sevier County fire.
The organization is accepting donations at the Pigeon Forge Fire Hall Station 1 at 3229 Rena Street in Pigeon Forge.
The Red Cross is not looking for untrained volunteers, but is accepting monetary donations. People can make a $10 donation by texting "REDCROSS" to 90999.
Disaster victims and their families can register on the American Red Cross website to find each other. Facebook has also activated its safety check feature for the fires.
Pigeon Forge officials at 3:25 p.m. on Tuesday issued the following statement:
"The outpouring of support and kindness shown to those displaced by the wildfires in Pigeon Forge, as well as to our first responders, has been extraordinary. At this time, we have received numerous truckloads of much-appreciated food, water, toiletries and other items. Now that the majority of those displaced have returned home or found temporary housing, the need for these items is no longer as great. To avoid collecting unused items, we ask that everyone please suspend their donations. Please know that any surplus items will be distributed to local organizations to benefit those in need. Again, we are forever grateful to all of you for your kind generosity."
"We have also transported several loads of food/drinks to our friends in Gatlinburg... and they too have been blessed with an abundance of donations."
Monetary contributions locally can be made to assist displaced families and those who have lost their homes at any Citizens National Bank branch to:
"City of Pigeon Forge Fire Relief Fund"
All monies collected via this fund will be donated to Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg and Sevier County families in need.
*Workers at the Knoxville Expo Center will accept donations for the impacted areas too. The Knoxville Expo Center will accept tooth brushes, tooth paste, water, baby wipes, dog food, kennels and more. The center is located at 5441 Clinton Highway in Knoxville. People can call (865)686-3200 or (865)919-8114 for more information.
*Northview Academy is also accepting donations for those displaced by the fires.
*Ryder Vehicle Sales is also accepting donations at its location at 7509 Strawberry Plains Pike in Knoxville.
*Toys for Tots will have a sign up for victims and their families. The Toys for Tots phone number is (865)254-3911. Donation drop off is 2719 Northview Academy Lane in Kodak.
* Clubhouse Ministries has set up 2 drop off locations in Seymour for those wishing to help wildfire relief efforts. They are collecting items and donations at Food City and Kroger in Seymour.
* The Knoxville Civic Auditorium and Coliseum are accepting donations for evacuees and first responders. Officials are looking for cases of water and Gatorade; pre-packaged, non-perishable food items, toiletry items, blankets, diapers and formula. The donation can be dropped off at the Coliseum box office during extended hours this week. Those hours are Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.; and Wednesday, Friday and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
* Purpose Church in Pigeon Forge has a truck from operation compassion drop off at their church location,1038 Charlottes Court with cases of water and food. Another truck will arrive Wednesday. Families can register sizes for clothes. The church will be open for registration Wednesday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. For more information, call 865-428-0026 or visit www.purposechurchpf.com
* United Way of Greater Knoxville Friends and Supporters: Need help? Dial 2-1-1. 2-1-1 is a free and confidential multilingual information and referral service that connects people in need with a full range of services.
* Volunteer East Tennessee is connecting volunteers to volunteer needs in response to the Sevier County fires. Visit https://www.volunteeretn.org/DisasterRecovery to see how you can best support our region’s recovery efforts.
* New Hope Church of God, 2450 Winfield Dunn Parkway, is collecting donations. Call 865-932-4673 for information.
* Stages West (boots and apparel store) at 2765 Parkway in Pigeon Forge is currently serving as a drop off location for Sevier County fire relief donations. They are specifically seeking the following: baby diapers of all sizes, adult Depends, hand sanitizer, and non-perishable snacks.
* The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 400 Kendall Rd, Knoxville (behind West Town Mall) is accepting donations beginning 10 a.m. Wednesday. The following items are needed for a kit: toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, mouthwash, comb, brush, soap, shampoo, body wash, disposable razors and wet wipes. Gift cards (in any dollar amount) for those that need to purchase clothing will also be collected.
*Lincoln Memorial University will host "LMU Responds" at 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. Wednesday and 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Friday with students, faculty and staff managing a collection site in the upper parking lot of Tex Turner Arena on the Schenck Center side.
Items in demand include warm blankets, water, bottled drinks, energy bars, non-perishable food, diapers, baby and personal wipes, hygiene items (toothpaste, brushes, combs, deodorant, etc.) pet supplies, coats, gloves and scarves. The Harrogate and Claiborne County communities are encouraged to participate. LMU will coordinate delivery of items to the Sevier County Rescue Squad (1171 Dolly Parton Pkwy, Sevierville, TN 37862).
Also, Railsplitter fans are encouraged to bring donations to women’s and men’s basketball games on Wednesday. For more information contact Kate Reagan at 423.869.6389 or by email at Kate.Reagan@lmunet.edu.
* Citizens National Bank: An account has been opened at CNB to accept donations.
* City of Pigeon Forge Fire Relief Fund - Donations can be made at any CNB branch or mailed to: Citizens National Bank 200 Forks of the River Pkwy, Sevierville, TN 37862
* Sevier County Rescue Squad, 1171 Dolly Parton Pkwy, Sevierville, across from Sevier County High School is collecting water and Gatorade for firefighters.
* Barker Lounge in Sevierville, 1301 W Main Street, Sevierville, is taking in pets of evacuees. People are able to donate animal crates to the shelter.
* Sevier County libraries are accepting toothbrushes and toothpaste, shampoo and conditioner, body wash and loofa sponges, deodorant, tissue, mints, gum, snacks, water, Gatorade, coloring books, crayons, playing cards and pet food. Sevierlibrary.org
* Wilderness at the Smokies, 1424 Old Knoxville Highway, will take in gently used and new clothes, blankets, towels, diapers and wipes, baby formula, personal toiletries, bottled water, and nonperishable snack items to Cades Cove meeting room, located at Stone Hill Lodge, Tuesday through Dec. 2, from 8am-11pm.
* Sevier County Economic Development Council is coordinating donation efforts as well. If you can offer supplies or services to help, please contact them at 865-428-2212.
Kroger is partnering with the American Red Cross to offer aid to those affected by the fires. The stores will be accepting customer donations at off of its Middle and East Tennessee Kroger stores, Northern Alabama stores, and Southern Kentucky Kroger locations. Money will be given directly to the East Tennessee Chapter of the American Red Cross and the company will make a $10,000 corporate donation.
RESTAURANTS STEPPING IN
Applewood Farmhouse Restaurant & Grill at 240 Apple Valley Road in Sevierville, (865) 428-1222, is providing free hot meals to any rescue workers who are battling the fires here in Sevier County. All members of fire departments, police departments and other official rescue squads, should make themselves known to the managers to get a meal.
In addition, Applewood Farmhouse will be accepting cash donations for our local American Red Cross and will have collection buckets on site in our stores for those wanting to contribute.
All Firehouse Subs locations in and around the Knoxville area including Pigeon Forge, Maryville, Lenoir City, Oak Ridge, Sevierville, are currently accepting donations of cases of bottled water, energy drinks, Gatorade and anything of the like.
Also the restaurants are currently working with local officials in these affected areas to provide food for these firefighters that will be delivered where it's needed. If there is a specific need in a certain area for food or drink, have a representative call John Sloane at 865-250-2842 or Robbie Carroll at 865-388-6480. Officials will help where they can.
Huck Finn's Catfish at 3330 Parkway in Pigeon Forge is accepting any and all donations.
Yassin's falafel house is accepting donations downtown until 6 p.m. or until their UHaul is full! A truck is parked right in front.
Hard Knox Pizzeria in Knoxville is accepting donations of water and other beverages, canned and packaged food to take to the Red Cross. Donations can also be dropped off at other restaurants in Western Plaza, including Blackhorse Pub, Moe's, Runners Market, or Yassin's Falafel House downtown.
HELP FOR ANIMALS, TOO
Wildwood Farm has pasture, water, and hay available for any large animals (cattle, horses, llamas, etc) displaced by the fires. Our farm is located in the Porter/Wildwood community. We can also help with a stock trailer and horse trailer. Contact Julie Maner at (865)256-9589
Meadowbrooke Kennel at 1811 Holston Road River Road in Knoxville is taking in dogs from the evacuation area.
If your organization wants to help with relief, please coordinate with the Tennessee Emergency Management Agency at (615)741-0001.
Fox Feed Supply in Jefferson City will serve as a drop-off location for Paws & Claws Animal Rescue TN. They are collecting bottled water and other drinks, as well as packaged snacks for firefighters. Items can be dropped off at their store, located at 250 W. Old AJ Hwy, Jefferson City, TN 37760. For more information call or text Wendy at 423-312-7400.
© 2017 WBIR.COM