DENVER – A butane explosion related to marijuana caused significant damage to a Denver home and resulted in the closure of area roads, the Denver Fire Department confirms.
A call first came in about the explosion just before 7:50 p.m. It happened at a house at 1365 S. Logan St., according to Denver Fire.
No one was injured, and one person inside the house was able to get out safely, firefighters say. That person was taken into custody, but has since been released.
When crews arrived at the house, they found heavy smoke and a fire.
A 9NEWS photojournalist on the scene said you could smell marijuana in the air in the aftermath. Neighbors reported hearing a loud boom.
The fire was knocked down quickly, according to Denver Fire, and no other homes were impacted.
Logan was closed in both directions from East Louisiana Avenue to East Arkansas Avenue during the investigation.
Authorities have deemed the home structurally unsound, according to Denver Fire. Building inspectors will examine the structure more closely on Friday.
Denver Fire and Denver Police will conduct a joint investigation into the incident.
(© 2015 KUSA)