KUSA - Feb. 17 marks Random Acts of Kindness Day. So here are nine ways you can be kind on this icy Tuesday:
- Three compliments - compliment the first three people you talk to
- Text a positive comment - Text a positive note to a friend you haven't spoken to in a while
- Volunteer - think of a cause you care about or a group in your community that could use some help and volunteer to help out
- Beautify your area - spend 10 minutes picking up litter in your neighborhood
- Just be polite - hold the door open for someone behind you
- Help the 'rents - Compliment a parent on their child's behavior
- Encourage positive body image - put a positive body image stick note on dressing room mirrors
- Let it (not) snow - brush snow off of someone's car in the parking lot
- Just smile - according to an article from Psychology Today, "each time you smile, you throw a little feel-good party in your brain. The act of smiling activates neural messaging that benefits your health and happiness."
Leave your suggestions in the commenting section on this article.
(KUSA-TV © 2015 Multimedia Holdings Corporation)