DENVER - Hazardous materials crews evacuated a King Soopers meat-packing plant and a nearby facility early Monday morning after a sensor detected ammonia.
Eight workers were inside the building at 85 Yuma St. when the sensor went off.
These workers and the people outside the nearby bakery were evacuated.
Denver Fire crews are working to get ammonia levels back to normal – and as of 6:30 a.m., they say they've isolated the cause of the leak and may be ready to turn the building back over to management.
There was some repair work at the meat-packing building on Friday, but it’s unclear if that was related to the ammonia leak.
© 2017 KUSA-TV