Power pole problem caused Chatridge fire

9NEWS at 9 p.m. 10/28/16.

DOUGLAS COUNTY - Equipment malfunctioned on a power pole and sparked the Chatridge Fire Friday afternoon according to South Metro Fire.

The fire prompted evacuations for 858 residents in Douglas County but was fully contained within a few hours. 

It started at about 11:50 a.m. and scorched 205 acres off of Highway 85 and Chatridge Court.

Residents from the Chatfield Estates and Back Country subdivisions were temporarily evacuated and sent to Cherry Hills Community Church in Highlands Ranch. They have since been allowed to return home.

The Douglas County Sheriff's Office says no structures were damaged. 

12 different agencies, 5 planes and a helicopter were called in to assist. No injuries have been reported. 

Copyright 2016 KUSA


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment