DENVER - Have you ever considered launching your own start-up? Now might be the perfect time.
Forbes recently named Denver the second best city in the country to launch a start-up business in 2014.
Denver beat out bigger cities such as Chicago, Boston and Seattle.
Forbes studied the 50 most populous cities in the U.S. to make their decision. They said they see a new trend emerging:
"Based on our analysis of over 27 million U.S. businesses, we believe the next generation of entrepreneurs will flock to cities not because of growing job rates and income levels, but because of community engagement and access to resources," the article said.
Here is the criteria on which they based their findings:
- Small businesses as a percentage of total businesses.
- Percentage of small businesses that accept credit cards.
- Percentage of small businesses in high growth industries
- Percentage of small businesses with Facebook pages and websites.
- Percentage of businesses with online reviews.
The rest of the list is as follows:
- San Diego, Calif.
- Denver, Colo.
- Austin, Texas
- Seattle, Wash.
- Portland, Ore.
- San Francisco, Calif.
- Dallas, Texas
- Boston, Mass.
- New York City
- Chicago, Ill.
- Las Vegas, Nev.
- San Jose, Calif.