Carpet iron caused Winter Park home explosion

9NEWS at 5 p.m. 09/01/16.

A home explosion in Winter Park was caused by plugging in a carpet iron, police say. 
 
Emergency crews responded to Fir Drive just after 3 p.m. to find a 56-year-old man burned and injured. 
 
According to an early investigation, three workers were installing carpet in the home as part of a remodeling project. Police say when one of them tried to plug in a carpet iron, all three workers were blown off their feet. 
 
The burned man was airlifted to University Hospital in Denver, where he is expected to survive. 
 
The other two workers were treated and released at the scene.
 
Police say the home is uninhabitable at this time.
 
The actual cause of the explosion will take some time to determine, however the public is not in any danger.

Copyright 2016 KUSA


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment