We recently reported how you can check out seven-day passes and adventure backpacks to Colorado’s State Parks for free.
And we hope you know that you can use it to check out physical books at branch locations (If you didn’t know that, well now you do).
But you may not know all the cool resources that a Denver Library Card gives you access to, as its website details.
What you can check out that isn't a book:
- Check out seeds at the Ross-Broadway branch from its seed library
- Check out a power check meter to find out what an appliance costs to operate
- Check out a Chromebook for four hours of in-library use
- Check out a Dell video projector with power cord and VGA cable in a carrying case
- Check out a draft check meter, to find leaks in walls, molding and ductwork
- Check out a GoPro Hero 3 digital camera, with accessories and carrying case
- Book a free pass up to 30 days in advance for the Denver Museum of Nature and Science, History Colorado Center or the Museum of Contemporary Art Denver. Admission is valid for two adults.
On the digital side of things:
- Check out ebooks, audiobooks and streamable videos on Overdrive.
- Check out digital magazines on Zinio or Flipster
- Check out music on Volume: A Local Music Project
- Or check out music at Music Online: Listening
- Make an appointment with a reference librarian for small business research help
- Get help with a patent
- Use the ideaLAB at Central Library or Montbello. Central’s has a 3D Printer and recording studio, along with various other tools such as Adobe software and a button maker.
- Call 720-865-8500 for Phone-A-Story, which provides stories, songs and rhymes in English and Spanish for various age groups 24/7
- Services for the disabled, such as a printer that prints documents in Braille at Central Library or software to help the blind “read” what’s on a computer screen (more disabled services are listed here)
- Services for new immigrants such as second-language conversation skills, citizenship, business networking and more.
- Homebound services are also offered, for those who can’t physically visit the library
Dare you to burn out your library card from taking advantage of all these great opportunities.
© 2017 KUSA-TV