KUSA - Think twice about burning anything in this weather, fire officials urge.
A fire in Douglas County that sparked on Friday near Inspiration Drive east of E-470 started with burning garden debris.
No one was cited in that incident, but firefighters say they serve as a reminder to be smart when it's so dry out.
"Anytime we're using a heat source and we have fuels available, we have to remember that all it takes is a little bit of wind and what we think is a small fire can quickly get out of control," Einar Jensen with South Metro Fire Rescue said.
A large portion of Colorado is under a Red Flag warning until Monday, meaning there is a higher fire danger due to dry conditions and strong winds.
Copyright 2016 KUSA