A person using a grinder sparked a small grass fire that was quickly extinguished Monday afternoon near Parker.
South Metro Fire says the fire was near Lincoln Avenue and South Chambers Road, and broke out just before 12:30 p.m. It was under control 15 minutes later.
A small number of students were moved from Pine Grove Elementary School as a precaution. They were able to move 10 minutes later.
South Metro wants to remind people to be careful if they’re dealing with anything that can start a fire.
Douglas County is currently under stage one fire restrictions.
Copyright 2016 KUSA