KUSA - The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment announced a nationwide voluntary recall by Mondelez Global LLC, East Hanover, NJ of belVita Breakfast Biscuit products, apple cinnamon and chocolate varieties. The recall was issued due to the possible presence of fragments of flexible metal mesh caused by a faulty screen at the company's facility.
This recall is limited exclusively to the belVita Breakfast Biscuit, apple cinnamon and chocolate varieties manufactured and sold in the United States and Puerto Rico. No other belVita product is included in this recall. The recalled product was distributed to all major grocery chains and various retail locations in Colorado.
The affected products are those with the following retail UPC coding and Best When Used By Dates:
- belVita Breakfast Biscuit, Chocolate Variety, 1.76 oz - 0 44000 03192 3 - 21 Jan 13 - 29 Sep 13 (bottom of package)
- belVita Breakfast Biscuit, Chocolate Variety, 8.8 oz - 0 44000 03194 7 - 21 Jan 13 - 29 Sep 13 (top of package)
- belVita Breakfast Biscuit, Chocolate Variety, 14.08 oz - 0 44000 03163 3 - 16 May 13 - 13 Sep 13 (side of package)
- belVita Breakfast Biscuit, Apple Cinnamon Variety, 1.76 oz - 0 44000 02824 4 - 8 Oct 12 - 2 Sep 13 (bottom of package)
- belVita Breakfast Biscuit, Apple Cinnamon Variety, 8.8 oz - 0 44000 02825 1 - 8 Oct 12 - 2 Sep 13 (top of package)
Consumers who have any of these products should not eat them and should discard them. Consumers can contact the company at 1-877-799-5633, 24 hours a day, for more information about the recall. Consumer relations specialists are available Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. There are no reported cases of injury related to this product in Colorado at this time.
(KUSA-TV © 2013 Multimedia Holdings Corporation)