KUSA - One of the nation's top dog breeders says her dog died at a show in Denver after being poisoned at the nation's biggest k-9 event.
Cruz, a 3-year-old Samoyed, competed at the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show in New York City earlier this month.
A few days later, he arrived in Denver for another dog show here. At that event his owner says he started to get sick and within hours had died.
The vets say they found traces of rat poison in the dog's blood and now Lynette Blue, the dog's owner, wonders about who was around the dog in New York.
Blue says while she believes someone killed her dog, at this point she doesn't expect anyone will be caught unless someone comes forward with information.
(KUSA-TV © 2013 Multimedia Holdings Corporation)