WESTMINSTER - A garage fire in the 11500 block of Chase Way in Westminster caused a huge smoke plume near the city and worried residents.
Westminster Fire public information officer Diana Wilson says there were propane tanks inside the garage which caused two explosions.
Wilson says two people inside the home were able to get out and warned firefighters about the propane tanks inside the garage.
One dog was able to escape from the fire and firefighters rescued two cats.
Two cars also caught on fire in the driveway.
The fire spread to the next door neighbors house, but firefighters were able to get it out within a matter of minutes.
The firefighters had the blaze under control in about 30 minutes.
The house is a complete loss, and the house next door has an actual estimate for $20,000 damage.
(KUSA-TV © 2013 Multimedia Holdings Corporation)