KUSA - On this Friday before St. Patrick's Day, everybody was feeling a wee bit Irish on the 9NEWS morning crew.
Not only was Belen De Leon out with the crowds at Keggs & Eggs in LoDo, but we hosted two sets of Irish dancers; the Wick School of Irish Dance and the McTeggart Irish Step Dancers. We also checked out some Irish food from The Tilted Kilt Pub, including Danny Boy's Shepherd Pie. (You'll find the recipe at the bottom of this article.)
We also enjoyed some music from Gobs 'o Phun. We hope you have a safe and Happy St. Patrick's Day, and we hope you enjoy this wee Irish blessing too:
Wishing you a rainbow
For sunlight after showers-
Miles and miles of Irish smiles
For golden happy hours-
Shamrocks at your doorway
For luck and laughter too,
And a host of friends that never ends
Each day your whole life through!
Danny Boy's Shepherd's Pie Recipe
1. Place Ground Beef in stock pot.
2. Sprinkle Beef with Rosemary.
3. Cook Ground Beef.
4. Break Ground Beef to fine crumbs. (Use a wire wisk)
5. Add Flour and mix well.
6. Let Flour cook for 1 minute.
7. Add Chicken Stock, Carrot and Pea Mix and Mushrooms.
8. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
9. Place mix in 3" pan to cool.
10. Place the Shepherd's Pie mix in a storage container.
11. Label, date, and store in walk-in cooler.
Danny Boy's Sheppard's Pie Plate Build
1. Place 5oz-wt of Garlic Mashed Potatoes in bottom of clam pot.
2. Ladle 12oz-wt of Shepherd's Pie Mix into sauce pan and heat to 165° internal temperature.
3. Pour mixture over Garlic Mashed Potatoes in clam pot.
4. Top with 5oz-wt of Garlic Mashed Potatoes.
5. Top with Parmesan Romano Cheese.
6. Place in cheesemelter until surface is golden brown.
7. Place clam pot in bottom position of large basket.
8. Place serving spoon on right side of clam pot.
9. Garnish with Chopped Parsley.
10. Place Garlic Bread in top position of large basket.
(KUSA-TV © 2013 Multimedia Holdings Corporation)