GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (AP) - All residents who were told to leave their homes after a natural gas leak led to a home explosion in Grand Junction earlier this week have been allowed to return.
Mesa County officials said Friday that utility crews will continue monitoring the area near the gas line breach.
The explosion happened Tuesday. Firefighters and utility workers were at the leak site when they spotted a fire at a nearby home, which then exploded. Three people inside were injured, the flames spread to a home next door, and nearby homes and schools were evacuated.
Kolby Gimmeson told The Daily Sentinel he was in the home with a roommate and another person when it exploded after he and his roommate lit incense.
County officials said they're still compiling information.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)