KUSA - Weld County Sheriff's investigators believe last week's explosion inside a home in Carr was likely the result of an effort to make butane hash oil. It's yet another sign of the dangers of making the marijuana concentrate in a closed environment.
Two men were seriously burned and a 7-year-old boy suffered minor burns inside the home on 4th Stret.
"A search warrant was executed at the Carr residence and deputies found evidence of marijuana being grown at the residence along with posted a medical marijuana permit at the residence," read a recent press release from the Weld County Sheriff's Office.
Last month, a man in Colorado Springs was burned by what's believed to be the same process of using butane. The pipes he used were initially believed to be pipe bombs causing a brief scare in the immediate area.
And in February a shed exploded in Lakewood after investigators there say people were using butane to make the highly potent form of marijuana concentrate.
(KUSA-TV © 2013 Multimedia Holdings Corporation)