USA TODAY - This week's list of odd crimes includes an ambitious pot smuggler and an estranged husband with an odd sense of revenge:
1. Man tries to scuba dive drugs from U.S. to Canada: Guards on the Michigan side of the US-Canada border made a bizarre late-night arrest. Think scuba gear, a brave frogman, 8 pounds of marijuana, and a busy shipping lane.
2. Copycat killing? Photo of dead girlfriend sent via app: Police in Costa Rica say a man strangled his girlfriend and then posted a photo and apology online, in a crime reminiscent of a recent case in Florida.
3. Spurned husband fills hot tub with manure: An estranged husband in Quebec who was served with divorce papers decided to get back at his wife using manure, say police. His choice of vehicle did not help his getaway odds.
4. Lawyer: Guy attacked With sledgehammer over $1.5M: With two psychiatrists, a new $1.5 million life-insurance policy, and a sledgehammer, this attempted murder case in Manhattan has all the elements of a 20/20 episode. One person is under arrest, and he just happens to be the cousin of the insurance policy's beneficiary.
5. Dunkin' Donuts worker pistol-whipped over coffee goof: Police in Florida say a couple returned to a Dunkin' Donuts store and pistol-whipped the employee who messed up their order in an amazingly minor way.
Check out more weird crimes at Newser, a USA TODAY content partner providing general news, commentary and coverage from around the Web. Its content is produced independently of USA TODAY.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)