LONGMONT - The City of Longmont is ordering mandatory evacuations in the Southmoor Park neighborhood. They are instructing people to leave their homes immediately and to move away from Left Hand Creek.
Also under evacuation orders:
- The Creekside neighborhood, near Plateau Road and Hover St, which is near Left Hand Creek.
- The Longmont Estate Greens and Champion Greens neighborhood, near 9th Ave and Airport Road.
- The Valley neighborhood, near Hayden Ct and 9th Ave and the Golden Ponds neighborhood near the south edges of Allen Dr. and Hover Street. These neighborhoods are near the St. Vrain River.
St. Vrain Valley School District school buses will be available for anyone who cannot leave the area in a vehicle. Buses will be staged at Quebec Avenue and South Main Street.
Longmont has opened its Emergency Operation Center and several evacuation centers.
MAP OF ROADS CLOSED, AREAS OF CONCERN
The Memorial Building at 700 Longs Peak Ave. is the primary center. The City of Longmont is opening a new evacuation center at the Niwot High School, 8989 E. Niwot Rd. They are closing the Silver Creek High School evacuation center. The evacuees at Silver Creek High will be moved to Niwot High School.
The Union Reservoir Campground is closed for the weekend.
The following roads are closed:
- 75th St. between Nelson Rd. and Hygiene Rd. (17th Ave)
- Airport Rd. between Rogers Rd and 17th Ave
- Hover Rd. between Nelson Rd. and 9th Ave
- Sunset St. between Nelson Rd and 3rd Ave
- Boston Ave, between Hover Rd and Price Rd.
- Price Rd., between 2nd Ave and Boston Rd.
- Gay St. at 2nd Ave, south to Boston Rd.
- Bowen St. at 2nd Ave, south to Boston Rd.
- S. Pratt Parkway, 3rd Ave to Missouri Ave
- Missouri Ave, between Pike St. and Main St.
- Main St., 3rd Ave to Ken Pratt Blvd.
- Martin St., between 3rd Ave and Ken Pratt Blvd.
- Ken Pratt Blvd., between 119th St and Hover Rd.
- 119th St. at the St. Vrain River
- County Road 1 at the St. Vrain River
Any road parallel to the St. Vrain River.
All water is safe to drink at this time.
For questions, people are asked to call 303-651-8595.
(KUSA-TV © 2013 Multimedia Holdings Corporation)