KUSA - At the office, you may share things with your coworkers. But do you know which spots in the office are the germiest?
A personal care corporation released a study indicating where you are most likely to encounter germs.
Out of 4,800 workplace surfaces swabbed across the country, about half had significant germ levels.
- 75 percent of faucet handles swabbed in offices were dirty. To avoid getting sick, use a paper towel to turn off the water or your sleeve.
- Half of all microwaves tested carried germs. Wash your hands after heating up your leftovers.
- 27 percent of keyboards tested were filthy. You should clean yours every few weeks with a sanitizing wipe or rubbing alcohol.
- About a quarter of refrigerator doors were dirty. Open the door with a paper towel or sleeve. Make sure to wash your hands after getting your food out or putting it away.
- 1 in 5 of the vending machines tested were germ infested. Once you get your snack, wash your hands.
(KUSA-TV © 2013 Multimedia Holdings Corporation)