ARAPAHOE COUNTY - Several families were evacuated just after 4 a.m. Tuesday when a fire broke out in a home on the third floor of the Appletree Condominiums in the 9700 block of East Peakview Avenue.
South Metro Fire Rescue says two units were involved in the fire. Twelve units were evacuated due to the blaze.
The fire was under control by 5:30 a.m.
The fire was likely caused by a cigarette on the third-floor balcony.
Firefighters from the Aurora Fire Department assisted South Metro Fire Rescue firefighters extinguish the fire.
There were no injuries reported.
(KUSA-TV © 2013 Multimedia Holdings Corporation)