CONTENT PROVIDED BY DOWNTOWN BOULDER
Local reviews, recommendations and hashtags make our small business buying decisions a lot more fun.
Downtown Boulder’s innovative merchants know this and they’re serious about showing and sharing the love they have for their own favorite local places, tastes and experiences. Small Business Saturday is Nov. 25, and they want you to know where to go.
Five recommendations from Small Business owners to “Love the Local” in downtown Boulder:
1. David Bolduc’s Boulder Book Store is the city’s largest independent bookstore. His recommendation after spending time with a good book? Happy Hour Margaritas at The Rio then tapas at The Med.
2. Tracey Armington is the office manager at Zeal Optics, and a real outdoorsy type, wearing Zeal sunglasses on the trail. Her rave goes to prAna for clothing that fits her comfortable, active lifestyle and impromptu yoga.
3. Master Sommelier Bobby Stuckey pours on the flavor at his Frasca Food & Wine, but when brunch is in order, he heads to The Kitchen and then Cured for some amazing cheese.
4. Sister-owners Lindsey and Laurel Tate have exactly what you need to indulge your shoe obsession at Two Sole Sisters, however, they kick-start their day at The Cup or Foolish Craig’s. The coffee and breakfast offerings are savory and spectacular.
5. Bliss owner Amy Wildgrube has an eye for design and a home for local artisans. When she’s out and about in downtown Boulder, her favorite stops include the ever-clever Liberty Puzzle and soothing sips at Dushanbe Tea House.
Now that you have some killer recommendations from those in the know, it’s time to venture out to downtown Boulder on Small Business Saturday, Nov. 25. Go to LoveTheLocal.com, and plan your entire day! From dawn to midnight, Boulder merchants own their local vibe and they’re ready to share!
As you’re planning your Small Business Saturday along the Pearl Street Mall and adjoining East and West End Districts, here are a few extra tips to know:
• Santa and Mrs. Claus will be on hand to meet with kids of all ages from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. at the Visitor Information Center (1303 Pearl St.) during St. Nick on the Bricks. Photo ops are free and strongly encouraged.
• In addition to the holiday activities produced by the Downtown Boulder Partnership, the City of Boulder will have their winter ice rink up and running near Central Park in the plaza next to the Dushanbe Tea House as part of the city’s Snow Much Fun holiday plans
• Holiday carolers dressed in nostalgic costumes will entertain visors throughout the district.
• Ice sculptors will be on hand to carve holiday creations the 1300 block of the Pearl Street Mall.
• Every Saturday and Sunday year round, parking is free in the City of Boulder Parking Garages.
• When the sun starts to set on Small Business Saturday, visitors are encouraged to stick around to see the beautiful display of holiday lights that adorn the district. This season, Downtown Boulder will decorate trees along the pedestrian mall, throughout the East and West End Districts and the 15th Street Design District with 330,000 LED lights, 300 colorful lighted ornaments and 35 large snowflakes thanks to the Downtown Boulder Partnership.
• While shopping, keep your eyes out for Freezie the snowman in participating stores. Snap a selfie and post it on your social media using #findfreezie for a chance to win weekly prizes!
For more information about holiday happenings around Downtown Boulder, visit: www.DowntownBoulderHolidays.com.
THIS ARTICLE INVOLVES COMMERCIAL CONTENT. THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES FEATURED APPEAR AS PAID ADVERTISING. DIGITAL MARKETING SOLUTIONS IS A BRANCH OF THE 9NEWS SALES TEAM. FOR MORE INFORMATION, EMAIL US.
© 2017 KUSA-TV