The Rockies are 39 games into the season and still remain one of the top teams in the National League. They have a 24-15 record in mid-May and at this time last year they were only .500 (18-18).
This week the Rockies face both the Minnesota Twins and the Cincinnati Reds on the road, which they've shown is where they do some of their best work. Colorado is 11-5 on the road this season so watch out Twins and Reds.
The Denver Pioneers Men's Lacrosse team is onto the quarterfinals of the NCAA Division I Men's Lacrosse Championships where they'll face the Notre Dame Fighting Irish. The Irish and Pioneers have met before in the playoffs in 2015 for a semifinal match up. They won and then went on to win the National Championship 10-5 against Maryland.
Colorado's indoor professional lacrosse team is also on a post-season run. The Mammoth will play their second game of the Division Finals in the NLL on Saturday, May 20. The Denver Outlaws are off this week and will play their next game Saturday, May 27.
In Loveland, the Eagles won their first round against the Utah Grizzlies and their second against the defending champions, the Allen Americans. Now in the third round, they're knotted 1-1 in the series against the Toledo Walleye and they're heading back home this week.
The Walleye finished the regular season with the best record in the ECHL (51-17-2), Eagles finished third.
The Rapids got their second win of season last week, shutting out the San Jose Earthquakes 3-0. Looking to keep the positivity rolling, Rapids face the Chicago Fire to try and get their first back-to-back win streak this season.
Take a look at all the playoff madness going on this week for Colorado's teams!
Monday May 15:
Tuesday May 16:
- Rockies at Minnesota Twins - 6:10pm - ROOT
Wednesday May 17:
- Rockies at Minnesota Twins - 6:10pm - ROOT - Rapids at Chicago Fire - 6:30pm - Altitude - Colorado Eagles vs Toledo Walleye - 7:05pm - 3rd Round of ECHL Playoffs
Thursday May 18:
- Rockies at Minnesota Twins - 11:10pm - ROOT - 1A High School Baseball State Championship - Holly vs Nucla - 11am - All-Star Park
Friday May 19:
- Rockies at Cincinnati Reds - 5:10pm - Colorado Eagles vs Toledo Walleye - 7:05pm - 3rd Round of ECHL Playoffs - 4A/5A High School Boys Lacrosse State Championships - 5/7:30pm - Sports Authority Field
Saturday May 20:
- 4A/5A High School Boys Swimming State Championships - USAFA/VMAC - High School State Track & Field Finals - Jeffco Stadium - Rockies at Cincinnati Reds - 2:10pm - Mammoth at Saskatchewan Rush - 7:30pm - Division Finals Game 2 - NLL TV - Colorado Eagles vs Toledo Walleye - 7:05pm - 3rd Round of ECHL Playoffs - DU Men's Lacrosse vs Notre Dame - 10am/12:30pm - NCAA Quarterfinals - ESPNU
Sunday May 21:
- Rockies at Cincinnati Reds - 11:10pm
If we missed something, let us know! Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.