According to PetSmart Charities and Match.com four of the top 10 cities for pet lovers are right here in Colorado.
DENVER - According to PetSmart Charities and Match.com four of the top 10 cities for pet lovers are right here in Colorado.
The two companies conducted a joint survey of where pet lovers live and the best places for them to meet and came up with this list.
- Fort Collins, CO
- Denver, CO
- Colorado Springs, CO
- Boulder, CO
- Austin, TX
- Charleston, SC
- Albuquerque, NM
- Boise, ID
- Reno, NV
- Madison, WI
"The survey results pinpoint when to introduce their pet to a potential date; how singles rely on their pet's judgment of a date; and, whether or not 'cat people' and 'dog people' can truly make a love connection," according to a press release.
The survey also highlights some interesting facts about the impact pet ownership has on dating, such as:
- 59 percent of singles agree that finding out your date had adopted rather than bought their pet would make them seem more attractive.
- 66 percent of men and women would not date someone who didn't like pets.
- 27 percent of women find photos of pets in an online dating profile a turn-on.
- Men are almost four times more likely to use their pet to attract a potential date than women (22 percent vs. 6 percent).
- 70 percent of singles think their dates' reaction to their pet is important.
- 35 percent of single women have been more attracted to someone because of their pet.
- 72 percent of single women say that a dog is the "hottest pet a guy could own."
- 28 percent of single men would be turned off if a woman's pet could fit in her handbag.
- Dog owners are less open to having a relationship with a cat owner. Only 66 percent of dog owners would date "cat people" vs. 97 percent of cat owners who would date "dog people."
- 46 percent of singles would bring their pet to a walking trail on a first date.
"Dating can be a dog-eat-dog world, so one way to get a leg-up on the competition is to adopt a dog – especially if you're a guy," says Whitney Casey, Match relationship expert wrote in a press release. "And like the movie, 66 percent of single pet-owners agree that their date Must Love Dogs (or cats) – whatever their pet may be, they're more likely to find a compatible match if they share the same animal attraction."
(KUSA-TV © 2014 Multimedia Holdings Corporation)