KUSA - Buddy Check9 has been a part of 9NEWS for more than 20 years.The idea behind the Buddy Check9 program is quite simple.
On the 9th of every month, 9NEWS asks women to do a monthly breast self-exam, and then call their "buddy" to remind her to do the same. Their buddy can be a family member, colleague or friend.
Hundreds of women have found lumps; the majority of them are not malignant. 9NEWS' hope is that cancer is discovered in its early stages, when it is most treatable.
The 2014 Buddy Check9 calendar features breast cancer survivors every month who are willing to share their words of wisdom. Get your free copy at any Safeway store, by calling 303-871-1439 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your complete mailing address.
Safeway Cares about the communities in which they do business and is proud to sponsor the Buddy Check9 program. Pick up your Buddy Check9 calendar at any Safeway store.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
- AMC Cancer Research Center - Cancer Information and Counseling Line - 1-800-525-3777 - 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday - http://www.amc.org
- American Cancer Society - Cancer Answer Line - 1-800-227-2345 - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week - http://www.cancer.org
- Cancer Information Service - 1-800-4-CANCER (1-800-422-6237) - TTY (for deaf and hard of hearing callers) 1-800-332-8615 - 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday - http://www.cancer.gov
- Colorado Breast Cancer Resources Directory - Colorado Cancer Coalition - 9457 S. University Blvd., #513 Highlands Ranch, CO 80126 - Phone: 303-692-2331 - www.breastcancercolorado.org
- Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation - 1-800-462-9273 - 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Monday – Friday - http://ww5.komen.org
- American Cancer Society
- ACS: Early Screening Tips
- AMC Cancer Research Center
- Breast Cancer Network
- Breast Cancer Network of Strength
- Living Beyond Breast Cancer
- National Breast Cancer Coalition
- National Alliance of Breast Cancer Organizations
- National Cancer Institute
- Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation: Denver Metropolitan
- Race for the Cure
- University of Colorado Cancer Center
(KUSA-TV © 2014 Multimedia Holdings Corporation)