The survivors are in different stages of recovery and some don't have health insurance.
On this page you'll find links to help the families of those who died. There are also ways to help the members of our community who were hurt in the shooting that continue to heal.
This is the latest information 9NEWS has received:
- Visit GivingFirst.orgto donate to nonprofits supporting the victims and families of the Aurora movie theater shooting
- Bonfils is currently overwhelmed with appointments for blood donation in response to the incident. They are no longer taking walk-in donations. There are a few spots available for the coming week. They are looking for all blood types. Call 303-363-2300 or visit www.bonfils.orgto schedule an appointment.
- For information regarding Crime Victim Compensation, contact the District Attorney's Office at 720-874-8620
- An organization has organized a "Take Back the Movies" event. Here are details: "On Aug. 4, we're taking Denver to the movies. We're going to go to as many theaters as we can and pay for everyone's movie tickets. Our message is simple: 'Tonight, the movie's on us. Go, enjoy. This isn't a fundraiser, it's not a memorial service. Some jerk tried to steal a night of fun from all of us. Tonight, we're giving it back.'" If you want to help us take Denver to the movies, you can donate here, http://takebackthemovies.blogspot.com/. All proceeds will go directly to buying tickets at movie theaters in Aurora and the greater Denver area.
- Lotsa Helping Hands is a free online service that was created more than five years ago to answer the question, "what can I do to help?"Open Communities help more than one individual or family - the number is unlimited - and the members of the Community may not know all, or any, of the people being helped. Help for Aurora enables volunteers to lend a hand and community members to request help online at www.lotsahelpinghands.com/aurora
- "The Dark Knight Rises" composer Hans Zimmer has composed a song dedicated to the Aurora theater shooting victims. If you buy the song, 100 percent of the proceeds will be donated to the Aurora Victim Relief organization. Listen to and buy the song here.
9NEWS continues to gather fund information. If you know of a victim's fund please email us